of motogp and men

I dream of the day when I'm surrounded by grime, machine oil smells and smoke, standing smack in the middle of leather-clad men on modern day stallions of steel. There I would be standing, my sole purpose in life at the moment to proudly hold a lime green Kawasaki brolly over Shinya Nakano, shielding him from sun or rain. I would smile at the camera when it pans by but my thoughts, my energy, my entire being would be for the rider by my side ;)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Donington Qualifiers

Shinya qualified one spot behind team mate Randy De Puniet. This travesty must be corrected during the race. The second spot in Assen probably won't be repeated this week (still... Go Shinya!), but I'm betting an entire pot of teh tarik that Shinya's going to finish ahead of Randy.
"I'm a little bit disappointed, as I was expecting better after two good free practice sessions yesterday. Tomorrow's race is 30 laps, which will place a high demand on tyres, so we've concentrated today on confirming our tyre choice for the race. I'm happy to say that, once again, Bridgestone have come up with the goods, and I'm confident the tyre we've selected will perform consistently throughout the race tomorrow. During qualifying I had a small problem with the gearbox on the bike, which meant I missed the chance to use two of my qualifying tyres. For sure I'd rather be starting from the front or even the second row, but the race is long so I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to make up places as the race progresses."
- Shinya on qualifying seventh

Source : Kawasaki-Eckl


MotoGP qualifying times from the British Grand Prix at Donington Park :-
1. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 1min 27.676 secs
2. Chris Vermulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1min 28.158 secs
3. Marco Melandri ITA Fortuna Honda 1min 28.205 secs
4. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1min 28.252 secs
5. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 28.394 secs
6. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team 1min 28.428 secs
7. Shinya Nakano JPN Kawasaki Racing Team 1min 28.431 secs
8. Casey Stoner AUS Honda LCR 1min 28.447 secs
9. Kenny Roberts Jr USA Team Roberts 1min 28.473 secs
10. Colin Edwards USA Camel Yamaha Team 1min 28.481 secs
11. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team 1min 28.509 secs
12. Valentino Rossi ITA Camel Yamaha Team 1min 28.808 secs
13. Carlos Checa SPA Tech 3 Yamaha 1min 29.294 secs
14. Makoto Tamada JPN Konica Minolta Honda 1min 29.362 secs
15. Alex Hofmann GER Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 29.479 secs
16. James Ellison GBR Tech 3 Yamaha 1min 30.382 secs
17. Ivan Silva SPA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP 1min 31.838 secs
18. Jose Luis Cardoso SPA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP 1min 32.252 secs

Source : crash.net


Comments speeding at 0 km/h

Post a Comment

<< Home