of motogp and men

I dream of the day when I'm surrounded by grime, machine oil smells and smoke, standing smack in the middle of leather-clad men on modern day stallions of steel. There I would be standing, my sole purpose in life at the moment to proudly hold a lime green Kawasaki brolly over Shinya Nakano, shielding him from sun or rain. I would smile at the camera when it pans by but my thoughts, my energy, my entire being would be for the rider by my side ;)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, July 03, 2006

Podium Fallout

Let's just check it again before we send him on his way...

Source : Kawasaki-Eckl


After the high of last week, it all came back down. Way down with a DNF. Shinya was on his way to beating De Puniet at least, but halfway through the race, while my hand was all gooped up with chicken rice, he stopped at the side and got off his bike. Almost casually. Didn't even have time to snap a photo.

Everything was a-okay... at first.

"Right from the beginning of the race I was struggling with a gearbox problem that made it difficult to shift down through the gears. After a few laps I figured out how to compensate for this problem using the clutch. I was pushing as hard as I could to catch the group of riders in front of me, but then I felt the engine suddenly lose power and I had no other option but to retire from the race. It's disappointing after finishing so well in Assen, but now we need to concentrate on our preparations for the next race at Sachsenring, which is an important one for the Kawasaki Racing Team."
- Shinya on his DNF at Donington

Source : Kawasaki-Eckl


Rossi did the spectacular again, securing second spot after qualifying 12th. The last lap was a heated one with his buddy, Melandri but Rossi showed the mettle that might still crown him champ this year. The sullen Pedrosa won by a country mile, whatever that means.

I won. Yipee.

Donington Top Three

Source : Official MotoGP Website


Comments speeding at 0 km/h

Post a Comment

<< Home